The Versova-Ghatkopar Metro line is a boon to most Mumbaikars. High above the roads filled with traffic, the metro transports a large working population on a daily basis. Here are five elusive facts regarding the Mumbai Metro project.
- Approximately, 1500 commuters travel on the Metro per service with upto 200-250 services.
- Upto 7 lakh commuters travel on the Metro per day, with an estimated 11 lakh to travel eventually.
- The Mumbai Metro has state of the art security, with an individual black box in each train in case of accident or emergency.
- The Metro Rail Project included a water treatment plant, with three lakh liters of water being recycled daily.
- CSR Nanjing was commissioned to complete the coaches, and in May 2008 the first 16 trains, each comprising four cars were completed.
These were some fun facts that will hopefully make your Metro rides more enduring.